Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacker on my system...... HELP !!!!

Ok, long story but some other members in my family are going through rough times and getting divorced, they were together for quite some time but the husband isn't happy, he had used confidential material in court which was only in our email accounts, we set up a trap to try and catch him, we made a fake website and put a statcounter on it, we got his IP with a referring link coming from one of our email accounts, we warned him not to do it again or we would get the police involved. The other day we set up another trap using whatstheirip.com and emailed the link given to our email accounts, when someone clicks on the link it comes up ERROR but actually catches their IP and emails it to a secure account, he clicked the link but was on his mobile and as it was from a mobile in London we were unable to prove it was him, we set up another trap (i know it gets confusing) on this mac which we thought was secure, another website with another statcounter but i was watching TV last night and checked the statcounter only to find a Mac using safari had accessed the website on my network using my IP, i am completely confused! I checked my history and i wasn't even on the computer at this time, i need help,

1. What is going on? Is this a coinscidence or enough evidence to get me worried he might be on my system?
  2. How do i catch him?
  3. How do i find the keylogger / spyware if there is one?
  4. HELP.... im so confused 😟

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3), iCloud

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 6:33 AM

10 replies

Jul 29, 2013 6:41 AM in response to rossfromcomber

If you play with fire, your going to get burned.

Let the police handle things.

Turn off your computer and devices, don't use them as the information in them is not confidential nor private as the cell phone companies, email companies etc., all can be subpoenaed to access data.

They store everything and keep it for several years.

Or haven't you been reading the news lately?

Jul 29, 2013 7:33 AM in response to rossfromcomber

May be your the one being investigated and the hacks into your accounts are legal.

If you want to help yourself in either case, stop using the machines.

Just turn them off and walk away until all this gets resolved, then when the air has cleared, so will the paranoia disappear.

Later you can have a local PC/Mac tech retrieve your files and wipe the machine and go on with your life.

Jul 29, 2013 9:08 AM in response to rossfromcomber

The more your using the machine, the more evidence your destroying and the less creditability it has in court.

They are going to ask that and why you didn't immediately turn off the machine and talk to your lawyer or the police.

Your not qualified as a computer forensic investigator and your just making their job almost impossible.

Figuring all this out on your own is impossible, let the professionals handle it.

Hit the Apple menu > Shutdown and see you later.

Good Luck 🙂

Jul 29, 2013 2:35 PM in response to rossfromcomber

Numerous ways, and the tracks cleared afterwards.

What you see on the screen is for show, there is lines of code running just under the surface that anything can be done.

Your best course of action at this time is to be ignorant of such things.

Ignorance carries a lot of real human emotions and sincerity in the eyes of investigators.

Do what I suggest, shutdown the machine(s) and talk to your lawyer.

I will not respond again.

Hacker on my system...... HELP !!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.