Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manually add Album Artwork to iTunes 11.0.4?

I am a musician and often create original albums in my iTunes library. I used to be able to drag-n-drop an artwork image onto the album (the files are mp3). For some reason this is not working anymore. It looks like it does but when I click OK in the Get Info box (after droppig or selecting the .jpg file) nothing happens.

I am using iTunes 11.0.4. The audio files are mp3 and the artwork is 300px X 300px jpg.

MainStage, Mac OS X (10.7.5), mainstage2 triggering

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:07 AM

20 replies

Jul 29, 2013 5:49 PM in response to P3P3

Delete the Files iTunes Library.itl

Don't do this.

This is the iTunes library file. It is the database file used by iTunes for everything.

You will need to reimport all your media.
You will lose all your playlists, ratings, date added, EQ settings for songs and much, much more.

and *.xml on \Music\iTunes .

iTunes does not use this . It is created ONLY for other apps to acces the iTunes library. It wil get recreated and updated by iTunes.

Jul 30, 2013 5:55 AM in response to Chris CA

I thought of the Finder thing and checked it prior to my original post to confirm that I had Read & Write permissions. Good thought though.

Any yes, like you angereyes - I have burned a bunch of my old vinyl and have it in iTunes. Fortunatly, I did that before this new glitch so that stuff has album art.

This is truly frustrating!

Hello Apple --- is anybody listening?

Jul 30, 2013 12:53 PM in response to angereyes

Just called Apple..... Right click on one song get info and check KIND it has to be other than a WAV file, MP3 for example. I thought i had selected MP3 when i was transferring my vinyl. It's easy enough to convert, right click on song, songs at drop down hit onvert to mp3. This all worked for me i hope it works for you all. YEAHHHHHHHHH SORRY CREATE MP3 VERSION

How do I manually add Album Artwork to iTunes 11.0.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.