Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Screen Recording errors

when i run the screen recording function in quicktime, for some reason the recording will cease after roughly 5+ minutes and the resume roughly 5+ minutes later leaving a gap in the recording so that in playback it will jump from on point to another where the missing material is, this means that i cannot record videos as the video will have a sizeable chunk of what i am recording missing, does anybody know why this might be happening and how i could fix it?

Quicktime-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 9:00 AM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2013 2:30 PM in response to OneTrueNothing

You can isolate the issue to see if it only occurs in your user account or if it is an issue with the Quicktime application. This article has details on doing that and how it helps isolate the issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4053

Basically, you'll want to create a new user in System Preferences>Accounts as outlined in the article and then try the same thing using Quicktime there. This is just a step to isolate the issue. The next step is determined by whether the problem persists or not in the new user. Let me know if it works or not or if you need additional guidance.

Feb 5, 2014 9:52 PM in response to BackgammonThatUp

Backgammon--

Can you help with this from an Oct 2010 post? I'm having the same trouble in OS 10.6.8--random dropouts in QT Screen Recordings using QT Player 10.0 (131). The original poster said the problem only happens when recording sound, but I need sound. If you can help, please email me at blockard @@ iname . com. Thanks!

"Sometimes it records fine and I end up with a full recording, sometimes the middle is gone, sometimes just the end. The file size doesn't seem to matter; I have some good recordings that are nearly 500MB, and some that failed when they are only 30MB (and I have well over 300GB free)."

Quicktime Screen Recording errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.