Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mother and I share an iTunes account and library on our pc at home. I recently got a MacBook Pro for college and I want to put my music on my new laptop. What is the best way I should go about that?

any help you guys can give would be great! I have a limited amount of time to do this.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 9:01 AM

You can export your songs only to an external drive then import them onto your new machine. You may have to convert to mp3 format. Handbrake is a free and easy to use conversion app on the net. You can convert to AAC when the music is on your new machine. You will need your own and different Apple account on the new machine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2013 9:01 AM in response to kmpalmss

You can export your songs only to an external drive then import them onto your new machine. You may have to convert to mp3 format. Handbrake is a free and easy to use conversion app on the net. You can convert to AAC when the music is on your new machine. You will need your own and different Apple account on the new machine.

Jul 29, 2013 9:30 AM in response to kmpalmss

Copy the entire/Music/iTunes/ folder on your PC to /Music/ on your Mac.

Then delete what you don't want.

You will need to authorize yrou computer for the iTunes account yoru mother has.

You should create & use your own iTunes account for any more purchases.

You don't need to export anything and definitely don't need to (and shouldn't) convert anything.

My mother and I share an iTunes account and library on our pc at home. I recently got a MacBook Pro for college and I want to put my music on my new laptop. What is the best way I should go about that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.