Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 won't turn on and i've tried the home and on/off button and nothing happens!

Hi,

my iphone 4 is not responding at all, it's gone all black as if it were off. It was working well this morning, then it started ringing but the screen was all black! I've pressed the two main buttons (middle and top right) and nothing happened. I've also re-charged it and nothing.

Please help!

Betty

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 10:45 AM

Sounds like it might be a dead battery. Bring your phone to Apple for evaluation.

2 replies

Jul 29, 2013 10:51 AM in response to gdgmacguy

Hi there,

Thank you for your answer. It appears that after the third time that I pressed the two buttons (middle and top right) the silver apple appeared and then it asked me to plug it into my computer/itunes.

It is now restoring itself - back to factory settings. Tho it's good that there's a solution, I don't understand why this happened 😟

I'll bring it to the Apply store for an evaluation as recommended.

Betty

my iphone 4 won't turn on and i've tried the home and on/off button and nothing happens!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.