Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete a purchased TV show after I have viewed it to free up memory?

How can I delete a purchased TV show from itunes after I have viewed it to free up memory?

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 3:13 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2013 9:51 AM in response to araes

Hello araes,

Thanks for the question, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The following article provides information on how to remove content from your iTunes library and your computer:

Deleting files from the iTunes library and your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3842

If you want to delete a song or another item from your iTunes library:

1. Select one or more items within the Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, or Audiobooks libraries in iTunes.

2. On a Mac: Press the Option key and the Delete key on the keyboard.

On Windows: Press the Shift key and the Delete key on the keyboard.

The following dialogue will appear: “Are you sure you want to remove the selected song from your iTunes library?”

User uploaded file

Note: If you do not see this message when deleting files from the library, you may have selected the option “Do not ask me again” at some point in the past. To allow iTunes to display this message again, open the Advanced tab of the iTunes Preferences, and click the Reset button next to “Reset all dialogue warnings.”

3. This second dialogue may also appear: “Do you want to move the selected song to the Trash, or keep it in the iTunes Media folder? Only files in the iTunes Media folder will be moved to the Trash.”

User uploaded file

Note: This message will not appear if all of the selected files are stored outside of the iTunes Media folder location. iTunes will leave these files on your computer wherever they are located.

4. If you want to delete the original files from your computer, click “Move to Trash.” This will move the file to the trash on Mac OS X. On Windows, click “Move to Recycle Bin” to move the files to the Recycle Bin.

Thanks,

Matt M.

How can I delete a purchased TV show after I have viewed it to free up memory?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.