Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My calendar is gone

My calendar has made the past few months disappear !!

Is Apple doing some strange ?? My app screen shows updates , but they are not there and now my calendar has disappeared

What gives ???

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 3:33 PM

For the app update issue - Many people are having this problem for the last couple of days. This is a problem that Apple has to fix. If you look around the forum, you will see many, many discusssions about this and they have been going on for a few days.

According to Fly150in another discussion, this is a workaround - for the time being.

If you want to update the Apps while waiting for Apple to fix Updates:

1. Go to App Store

2. Select Purchased

3. Select All

4. Scroll down to find the Apps showing update

5. Select update on the Apps

This should update the Apps and get rid of the update count in App Store.

For the calendar issue go to Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Calendars>Sync>All Events. See if that brings the events back.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2013 3:33 PM in response to willismom

For the app update issue - Many people are having this problem for the last couple of days. This is a problem that Apple has to fix. If you look around the forum, you will see many, many discusssions about this and they have been going on for a few days.

According to Fly150in another discussion, this is a workaround - for the time being.

If you want to update the Apps while waiting for Apple to fix Updates:

1. Go to App Store

2. Select Purchased

3. Select All

4. Scroll down to find the Apps showing update

5. Select update on the Apps

This should update the Apps and get rid of the update count in App Store.

For the calendar issue go to Settings>Mail, contacts, calendars>Calendars>Sync>All Events. See if that brings the events back.

Jul 29, 2013 4:32 PM in response to willismom

More suggestions for the calendar issue ....

You can also try refreshing the calendar and see if the events reappear. Tap the Calendars button in the upper left corner of the app and them tap the circular arrow icon to refresh the calendar. You want to make sure that you have selected the correct calendar as well, if you have multiple calendars.

Try tapping in and out of different views on the calendar. Go from day view to month view, etc. Sometimes just playing around in the different views may bring the events back.

You can try closing the calendar app and reboot the iPad and see if the events come back.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button twice.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If you backup with iCloud or iTunes on a regular basis - and I mean regularly - you might be able to recover the events by restoring from the backup. When you restore from a backup, you restore everything that is stored in the backup to the iPad. All of your app data and settings, notes, calendar entries, photos in the camera roll, etc. so when you restore from a backup, you "turn back the clock" on the iPad to the way that it was when you last backed up.

How to backup and restore from a backup

My calendar is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.