Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my videos from my Sony digital video camera play on my new iMac air? Is there a certain app I need to download?

Why won't my videos from my Sony digital video camera play on my new iMac air? Is there a certain app I need to download?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 2:51 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2013 4:33 AM in response to semreynolds

For the most possible reason is that your Sony footages are in the incompatible format with Mac. Your Mac might support .mov best as the native player is QuickTime, which supports .mov best.

To solve this kind of problem, you can either download another player which compatible with Mac and better versatile or use a video converter to convert your Sony footages to QuickTime. The process is really simple. And if you want to play your footages on other programs or devices, you are free to convert videos to any other format for devices and programs.

wish that help, good luck~~

<Links Edited By Host>

Jul 31, 2013 8:56 AM in response to semreynolds

A couple more ideas in addition to the good suggestions already offered:

• Use QuickTime or iMovie to view your Sony files. See QT Help and iMovie Help on your Mac if you have problems with either of them/

• If you installed and are trying to use software that came with your Sony, see MacBook Air (Mid 2013): FaceTime HD Camera may not work with some applications

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.