Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken screen how to get pictures

My wife's screen just went blank. She has her iphone password protected. I just restored my iMac and of course that makes iTunes read like a new computer and my wife's phone is not recognized. It's asking for her password. Apple is wanting to restore the phone first. I need the pictures and videos off of the phone.

Is there a way to get these pictures off of the phone and bypass the lock? I've tried iphoto, image capture, iexplorer, preview and eveything else I can think of. Are they just lost?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 3:26 PM

15 replies

Jul 29, 2013 3:37 PM in response to carltonfrombedford

To purchase a screen and replace it yourself would void your AppleCare and and any other warranty you may have.....

Try the steps in this article to see if they help... Hopefully you will be able to import the photos & videos to your Mac without having to sync...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

Good Luck, I hope this works.... 🙂

Jul 29, 2013 3:41 PM in response to kellydolinger

Yep, I have one more option I'm going to try. I have an old time maching backup with the last itunes in it that I used to backup my wife's phone. I'm restoring it now and if it will recognize the iphone then I can at least back it up and then restore it to another phone and then get the pics and videos. Don't know if it will work but its worth the try.

Jul 29, 2013 3:48 PM in response to carltonfrombedford

if you have a windows computer or a friend with a windows computer, you can put the device into recovery mode, plug it into the pc, sometimes this will foold the pc into thinking its a camera or usb storage device allowing you to make a selection "open folder to view files" and that MAY allow you to copy the pictures from the phone to that computer, this is not 100% foolproof but i have used this method before and it has worked

broken screen how to get pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.