Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently bought iPhone 4. Needs to be unlocked.

Hi, I just bought an iPhone 4 from a friend of mine. It has no contract at the moment, but was previously with Fido. I wish to get it unlocked and then switch to Bell because their prepaid plans suit my needs better than that of Fido's (plus I have had bad experience with Fido). Here's my problem. Unfortunately, Fido's unlocking policies at very restrictive and one must meet certain credentials in order for them to unlock your phone. For one, you must have an active account with Fido, which I do not have (nor do I want to have).

So, how should I go about getting this phone unlocked if I can't get it done by its original carrier? Also, I'd like to unlock it in a non-sketchy way that isn't jailbreak-related.

Thanks so much for reading this and I'd appreciate any help I can get!! :))

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 3:23 PM

There is but one way to have a phone legitimately unlocked, and that is to have the original cellular provider unlock it.

8 replies

Recently bought iPhone 4. Needs to be unlocked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.