Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New ATV3 - No HDMI video signal.

Brand New (2013) ATV3 - No HDMI video signal when plugging it in to my TV (Toshiba 52" LED).

Ive tried 3 different HDMI cables in 3 different HDMI inputs in various configurations. Still no video.

Ive tried power cycling ATV and my TV, and changing resolutions using the Apple remote - Still nothing.

Ive seen serveral forums offering many but unhelpful options.

Yes, my TV is set to the same HDMI input as the HDMI cable is plugged into.

Please help?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 5:18 PM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2013 6:07 PM in response to Nate.Apple.Genius

You tried difference HDMI cables, different HDMI ports, cycled the ATV, confirmed optical audio output works. Do you have another HDTV to plug in and test? If ATV video fails to appear in this case, I would say that this would confirm the Apple TV HDMI output is broken given the extensive troubleshooting you have already performed. In my opinion, this would completely isolate the diagnosis as ATV malfunction. Did you purchase it via Apple or Third party? Apple will replace the device within 14 days no questions asked, or service it within one year. If third party, contact them regarding your coverage.

How long is my Apple TV covered by Apple’s warranty?

Apple's Limited Warranty for Apple TV covers your Apple TV for one year. Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase ("date of purchase").

Brand New ATV3 - No HDMI video signal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.