Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No mirroring icon, may 2011 imac

my gen 1 ipad, my iphones, and my macbook pro all mirror flawlessly to both of my apple tvs. My imac, however doesn't, which is annoying. I know it needs to be mid-may 2011 (altho it's a refurb) and newer, so I ran my specs and got the following information (I have mountain lion, by the way, upgraded to newest version):

Model introduced: 2010

Serial number: YD121570DB7

Machine Model: iMac11,2

Family name: A1311

Model Number: MC509

Group1: iMac

Group2: Intel

Generation:

CPU speed: 3.2GHz

Screen size: 21 inch

Screen resolution: 1920x1080 pixels

Production year: 2011

Production week: 21 (May)

Production number: 6018 (within this week)

Model introduced: 2010

Memory - flavour: DDR3-S-1333

Memory - number of slots: 4

Memory - maximum total: 16GB

Memory - largest module: 4GB

Factory: YD (Remanufactured Model = Refurbished)

External link: Repair guide by iFixit

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 7:38 PM

3 replies

Oct 26, 2013 7:34 AM in response to gPad

of cause airplay mirror require the mac to be able to reencode the image into a video stream to send across the network to the appletv

it's a very demanding task to do and can only be don in real time by the newer macs where the video card support in hardware to do the encoding in realtime

people with older macs can try the program called airparrot which does the same thing but using the cpu rather then the gpu but the performance demands on the cpu is very high and can cause poor performance and delay on the appletv

No mirroring icon, may 2011 imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.