Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 User Interface.

I am 56 years old and maybee thats the problem i dont like iTunes 11.

iTunes 11 is a huge App that Apple have put in so many funny and automated things so it is so difficult to find out how its working, its very illogical.

Many years ago Apple was the leader and so proud of their easy user interface, and we, the user was happy because we could use Apples product without any manuals. Just plug in and go. Today its another story, ju can tell by reding in this forum. iTunes 11 still has a lot of bugs, like multiple import of files when syncing, sync of files i have told NOT to sync, sorting of my movies in a totally random way that Apple say is the right way to sort...............

And i just seen another strange thing here in the iTunes forum. I have to select either Aperture 3, Mac OSX (10.7.5) on None before i post this message in the iTunes forum ????????

This is the illogical behavior i talk about and it pop up everywhere in Apples products today. Maybee i am to old for computing and have to realize that my first Machintosh 128K i got soon 26 years ago is maybee the computer i should still use and just be quiet. No, I dont think so, I want to have the right to use a new computer i understand, is fast and without bugs.

Please Apple com back and give us someting understandable. Thronborg

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iTines 11

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 8:20 PM

11 replies

Jul 29, 2013 10:55 PM in response to Thronborg

"iTunes 11 still has a lot of bugs, like multiple import of files when syncing, sync of files i have told NOT to sync, sorting of my movies in a totally random way that Apple say is the right way to sort..............."

Pretty sure I haven't heard of any of these problems..

"And i just seen another strange thing here in the iTunes forum. I have to select either Aperture 3, Mac OSX (10.7.5) on None before i post this message in the iTunes forum ????????"

???

I don't have to select anytHing.

And looks like you didn't select any of these either.

Jul 29, 2013 11:48 PM in response to Chris CA

Maybe the cause you never herd of it is the fact that you have your system and all apps in english. But if for example i record sounds with my iPhone and then sync them with iTunes i now have 5 versions of the same recording. Som of them are categorised "Voice" other as "Röst memo" (Voice in Swedish) and some dont have any cathegories at all. It semes that iTuns dont have any clue that theese recordings are the same.

And if i change the name on a recording in iTunes and sync with my iPhone i got a NEW copy of the previous recording in my iPhone.

And next sync i got a NEW regording copy again and so on....

As i can se iTunes just check the name. For sure it has been nice if the length of the recording was checked also, not only the name and category. And for non English setup that maybe have one computer and one iPhone with english setup and one iPad with Swedish language this is for sure a pain.

Thronborg

Jul 30, 2013 12:06 AM in response to Thronborg

Thronborg wrote:

iTunes 11 is a huge App that Apple have put in so many funny and automated things so it is so difficult to find out how its working, its very illogical.

Actually, no it isn't. Yes, the software has evolved over the years but if you've been using it for any length of time you can see that iTunes 11 is not really radically different from the previous version. I suspect you want the iTunes 10.x view back. Well, you can have it. Simply pull down View > Show Sidebar and there is it. Just like it was.

Thronborg wrote:

Today its another story, ju can tell by reding in this forum. iTunes 11 still has a lot of bugs, like multiple import of files when syncing, sync of files i have told NOT to sync, sorting of my movies in a totally random way that Apple say is the right way to sort...............

Again. Not really true. I really don't know what you mean by "multiple import of files when syncing" so if you can elaborate on that perhaps we can help you sort it out. It is also unclear what you mean when you say "sync of files I have told NOT to sync." What are you syncing to. I'm presuming an iOS device but we don't know becaue you don't tell us. So elaborate on what the trouble is and we'll try to help you. As to movie sorting, you also need to elaborate on that.

The long and short of it is, post more details about the trouble you are having so we can help you. iTunes 11 is not a radical departure from what iTunes 10.x was. It is simply a gradual evolution.

Jul 30, 2013 9:03 AM in response to Thronborg

Thronborg wrote:

Ok i start at Forum iTunes for Mac

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_mac?view=discussions

Click "Start Discussion"

On my screen i se.

Product

Aperture 3, Mac OSX (10.7.5)

None

Do you not get the same result?

No.

Those are the products you entered at some point.

To edit this list...

At top right of this page, click Your Stuff > Profile

You will see My Products.

You can Add/Edit/Delete.

When ceating a new thread, you can use any of these or none of these (to help identify the product for those helping) . It's not a requirement to use one.

Jul 30, 2013 5:53 PM in response to Chris CA

Confusing iTunes forum.

Ok i understand, So "My Products" is the same as "Your Stuff" is the same as "Product"?

I hope you understand why its confusing, if its the same thing just call it the same.

I work for the medical and nuclear bussiness. And in our bussiness there is zero tolerance for this kind of missunderstuding.

I know that Apple 15 years ago set up a special group with both adults and children to test and develop any new Apps and system and User Interface, it was a big Hype at the time. Maybe time to reinvent how Apples products should communicate with the world.

Sorry i dont want to be rude, and its not personal. Just a simple mans thoughts.

Thronborg

Jul 30, 2013 7:08 PM in response to Thronborg

Thronborg wrote:

Confusing iTunes forum.

Ok i understand, So "My Products" is the same as "Your Stuff" is the same as "Product"?

Why do you understand it this way? That's not what they are.

That's kinda like saying a book is the same as a piece of paper is the same as a pencil.

Your Stuff is a list of things (your stuff) in this website.

It is your posts, your user preferences, your products, your forums, etc.

My Products is a list of Apple products you can add to your posts so others can better address your questions (because you are identifying what you have).

You use Add a product to select which items you want to add to My products.

I hope you understand why its confusing, if its the same thing just call it the same.

I don't understand why it's confusing because they are not the same thing

Jul 30, 2013 7:27 PM in response to Chris CA

Ok, we dont semes to get anywhere in this discussion.

Of course, you work at Apple with all theese product all day long and you are an expert, but you should not be blind to us who actually make Apple running by buying their products.

Do you think i spend a lot of time to mention this if i dont think this is confusing. Thats my oppinion and many more here are confused how to use Apple products, webpage and most of all iTunes.

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people out here is not as skilled as you are.

Thonborg

Jul 30, 2013 7:30 PM in response to Thronborg

Thronborg wrote:

Ok, we dont semes to get anywhere in this discussion.

Of course, you work at Apple

I don't work at Apple or for Apple.

Do you think i spend a lot of time to mention this if i dont think this is confusing. Thats my oppinion and many more here are confused how to use Apple products, webpage and most of all iTunes.

Product suggestions (to Apple) here -> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Apple.com website suggestions here -> http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html

Jul 30, 2013 10:11 PM in response to Thronborg

The answers provided in the Forums are from users as yourself - others trying to help others.

The replies that come from Apple are few and far between. They are identified with the Avatar of an  next to the name.

The good thing about iTunes is it does not require nuclear or medical knowledge to use and it certainly is not rocket science.

I am mainly self taught about using computers and programs like most people out there and seem to get along with no real problems.

As noted by Chris you can give Apple feed back via the links.

MJ

iTunes 11 User Interface.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.