Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed my email program from Mac to windows, This affected my iPhone receiving emails on the same address. It wont download emails or download any of the folders. It can send from that email address!? Whats going on? HELP?!

I recently changed my email program from Mac (Mail) to windows (Outlook).

Something strage occured when i did this. My one iPhone that used to synch perferctly with My mail server, no longer does.

When i try to send and recieve the mail, it works and then prompts me that the mail has been downloaded, when i know that there is more than 100+ emails that need to be downloaded.

These emails used to be on my phone, then once the change occured they have all left my phone.

It wont download emails or download any of the folders. But it can send fine from that email address.

What can i do to restore normality other than changing back to Mac (Mail)?"

ALSO

When i sent a test email to my email address in question it showed up in my inbox for all of 3 seconds then when i went to send and recieve again it dissapeared from my inbox????

If someone Could help please!!!

Ps. i have already tried:

1. Restarting my phone
  2. Deleteing then setting up the email again

Still does the same thing.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 29, 2013 9:33 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2013 7:34 AM in response to Partii

Hello Partii,

It sounds like you may use a POP account for your email. With a POP account, email applications like Mail and Outlook can remove emails from the server, so when another device tries to check the server for new emails, it doesn't see any.

You may need to adjust settings in Outlook so that the emails are not removed from the server when downloaded. I found an article with more information:

When using a POP email account with multiple devices, email messages may only appear on the first device that receives them. This occurs when an email client is configured to automatically remove email from the server once an email client has received it. You can configure your email client (or clients) either to keep a copy of the email on the server, remove it after a certain number of days have passed, or keep it until you move it from your Inbox.

I recommend reviewing the full article for steps on adjusting these settings; you can find the full article here:

Using a POP account with multiple devices

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3228

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Changed my email program from Mac to windows, This affected my iPhone receiving emails on the same address. It wont download emails or download any of the folders. It can send from that email address!? Whats going on? HELP?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.