Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error on system re-install

Mac osx 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. FF22. Have been having trouble with Iphoto not recognizing my camera anymore, it disappears, and photos not dropping to the edit space. Have had advice from Iphoto community but tried eveything and no go. I tried to re-install my system again from the discs but at the end it showed error and would not re-install. I have installed it fine before now so no idea why this happened. I feel I may have upset the apple cart......no pun intended.....when attempting the procedure suggestions for Iphoto. I did go into my profile and automator, as well as, disc utility....Uhg!...I know. Can anyone give me any clues as to how I can fix my problem besides hiking it up to the computer shop? A few of the problems I am encountering include, FF wont allow Adobe to open, Adobe won't download PDF, photoshop refuses to let me in, printer went nuts, etc etc etc. I'm from the dip pen and inkwell generation, definitely not computer savvy, I would appreciate any advice in simple boring lay terms if at all possible. Thank you in advance for any help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 2:37 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2013 5:06 PM in response to britm8

I did go into my profile and automator, as well as, disc utility

And did what?

Disconnect all peripherals from your computer.

Boot from your install disc & run Repair Disk from the utility menu. To use the Install Mac OS X disc, insert the disc, and restart your computer while holding down the C key as it starts up.

Select your language.

Once on the desktop, select Utility in the menu bar.

Select Disk Utility.

Select the disk or volume in the list of disks and volumes, and then click First Aid.

Click Repair Disk.

Restart your computer when done.

Repair permissions after you reach the desktop-http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963 and restart your computer.

FF wont allow Adobe to open, Adobe won't download PDF, photoshop refuses to let me in,

Not Apple software. Post in the Adobe forums.

printer went nuts

How so?

Please describe in detail all you have attempted to do in order to resolve the issue and describe what the issue is.

Check Apple's Knowledge Base for Snow Leopard & Lion Printer solutions and suggestions.

Printer troubleshooting for AirPort Base Stations and Time Capsule

Gutenprint and Gimp-Print for Mac OS X (10.2 and later)

etc etc etc

Have no clue! 😕

User uploaded file

error on system re-install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.