Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing attempt? How to reset your apple ID password

Hi,

I receive several times a day this weird e-mail:

answer to: do_not_reply@apple.com

Dear <my firstname, my name>

To reset your Apple ID password, simply click the link below. That will take you to a web page where you can create a new password.

Please note that the link will expire three hours after this email was sent.

Reset your Apple ID password >

Questions? There are lots of answers on our Apple ID support page >

If you weren't trying to reset your password, don't worry – your account is still secure and no one has been given access to it. Most likely, someone just mistyped their email address while trying to reset their own password.

Thanks,

Apple Customer Support

I'm quite conviced this is a phishing attemps.

Does someone can confirm this?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 5:04 AM

Ignore the mail. If you have to reset the password, only do it at http://appleid.apple.com. Don't press the link that comes with the email because it may be spam and they may want to steal your Apple ID

4 replies

Jul 30, 2013 5:36 AM in response to MystR

Both hyperlinks point to valid Apple addresses.

iforgot.apple.com is used to reset your AppleID password.

Clicking on the link should take you to that page, and show a valid Apple certificate.

However valid it might be, never use links in an email or text to change a password (unless you requested the change, then you should be expecting something like that).

That email with the password reset key should have only been sent to you if you went to change your password. It would not have been sent out of the blue.

It could have been someone attempting to change your password.

You might want to set up two-step verification if you haven't already.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5570

Phishing attempt? How to reset your apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.