Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 Pro x64 (64 bit) ISO

Hi guys,

After searching for what feels like days (but is really only hours), I have still not managed to find a legit ISO image of Windows 8 Pro x64.

The problem I have is that I have the newest iMac and so don't have a cd drive.

I contacted microsoft and dicovered that if I have an ISO image of the version mentioned above, a student upgrade license would actually activate this with no problem.

ℹ I am a student and thought that I had to pay £99.99 for the full version but when using microsoft's online chat to get help from a sales advisor I found that if you ordered Windows 8 Pro Student version (x64) with back-up media (which costs nothing extra), you could actually complete a full install using this, only I have the problem of not having a cd drive! I then asked about an ISO image that is copied to a usb stick and she said that this would work fine.

So I just need to find an ISO of Windows 8 Pro (x64) Student version. (I'm not sure if the student version is exactly the same as plain pro version but it should be)

Thanks,

Jack

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 5:40 AM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2013 8:38 AM in response to creeperjack

When you buy and download it should offer Setup Assistant to upgrade if you have Windows or a link to the ISO.

Did when I bought it.

Now because I had Windows 8 I could go and download the full Windows 8.1 Preview, but not if you don't have 8 already.

There is a link to Windows 8 Pro Student

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/categoryID.62684800?WT.mc_id =MSCOM_EN_US_HP_Downloads_Windows

Windows 8 Pro x64 (64 bit) ISO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.