Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Windows 7 No Longer Connects to Internet

Hello, I have a mid 2011 iMac with Boot Camp Windows 7 installation. It has run flawlessly for more than a year. Recently however, I have been untable to connect to internet when running Windows. The connection works fine as a Mac. While in Windows, I can momentarily (about 10 seconds) connect by disconnecting and reconnecting the LAN cable. Then the "no internet." I have all the latest Boot Camp support software installed. All MAC and Windows software updates are installed. My network devices are configured correctly. I have rolled back to previous Windows updates with no resolution. Does anyone have any suggestions?

iMac, iOS 6.1.4, Running Windows 7 in Boot Camp

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 7:29 AM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2013 9:26 AM in response to bwd441

your router, your Windows firewall, you are using something other than Windows Defender (8) or Essentials (7), something else on the cable.

you had a storm and the modem is on life support and your ISP can login and see what errors the modem is showing, you don't have network surge protection (APC tend to interfere, Cyberpower tend to work).

What else is on the LAN?

I found Windows to be funny about network but 8 and 8.1 have never had trouble. With 7 I sometimes had to reboot.

Besides Apple and Windows, some drivers are or often still needed - manually.

Jan 28, 2014 12:31 PM in response to The hatter

I have been struggling with this for weeks. Drove me crazy... Installed and re-installed bootcamp drivers etc... Internet would be ok on the Mac side but work for a few minutes on the Windows 7 side and then dissappear.

Then I found the solution.... Wnt to the adapter settings, ang changed "obtain ip address automatically". I input manually the settings for ip address, subnet and default gateway and my internet providers DNS server and everything works just fine now!

Boot Camp Windows 7 No Longer Connects to Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.