Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the new macbook pro and i cant find the battery connector

I cant find my battery connector please help me

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 10:04 AM

14 replies

Jul 30, 2013 12:25 PM in response to Mazenshembesh

Mazenshembesh wrote:

I want to know wheres the connector

Be more specific. The connector is where I showed you in the photo. Do you mean something else? Do you mean the part that plugs into the wall? If so, it is where ever you last left it.

Or is this what you mean? If so then you will have to tell us the year and model of your computer. The following image is from ifixit.com

User uploaded file

Jul 30, 2013 12:49 PM in response to Mazenshembesh

Mazenshembesh,

What model MacBook Pro do you have?

What make you want to do anything with the battery? while the computer is running hold the option key while clicking the battery menu in the menu bar. What does it say?

If the computer does not boot have you tried an SMC reset?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Jul 30, 2013 4:41 PM in response to Mazenshembesh

did you try the SMC reset procedure above?

Here is the relevant section:

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Resetting the SMC on Mac portables with a battery you can remove

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

I have the new macbook pro and i cant find the battery connector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.