Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does DropBox take 1.2 gigs of space on my iPad?

When I check the usage area of my Ipad, it shows DropBox using 1.2 gigs of space. I thought any documents, pictures, etc I put there are actually stored on their servers, not my Ipad. Am I doing something wrong? Is the app itself 1.2 gigs (I can't imagine that!)?

Thanks to anyone that can help me understand how this works.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 11:26 AM

9 replies

Jul 30, 2013 11:39 AM in response to pvonk

Under "Usage" where it shows each app and how much space each one uses. For example, some of my camera apps (Blux Camera) save the pictures in the app and then I export them to Camera Roll. Then I have to delete them from Blux, and when I do, I can see the usage space go down. So I thought there must be something stored locally in DropBox, and your first suggestion I thought was the answer, but looked and apparently I don't have any favs tagged.

That make sense?

Mar 12, 2014 12:03 AM in response to meinfronds

I have total 4 GB in Dropbox to use. Total files takes 400mb in Dropbox when checked via settings in PC and I added all files sizes- it matches. But the Dropbox via iPad is taking more than 659 mob and increases every time I use Dropbox in iPad. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but once u start using it the Mb goes higher. It would make sense if Dropbox would take same space as the total file size. E.g I rarely use Dropbox in iPhone and it's size is somewhat 55mb only.

Q. Why is it eating more size every time? More than actual total files?

Apr 26, 2014 7:29 PM in response to meinfronds

I use dropbox with my work on ipad so much.

When i first starting using it, it got to the stage where 10GB's was being used by Dropbox.

All i did was sign out of Dropbox and sign back in, and it went to where it should have always been, ie 95.6MB...

There was absolutely no effect on data strored in the actual dropbox itself as it is a cloud based app.

So both regularly loggging in/out of Dropbox and turning the ipad off/on clear up most memory issues.

Voila!

Why does DropBox take 1.2 gigs of space on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.