Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot send photos via iPhoto 11 by mail

I cannot send photos via iPhoto 11 by mail.
The following message appears : check your internet connexion....etc...
But all is ok but it refuse to send photo via iphoto...

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 12:24 PM

10 replies

Sep 29, 2013 10:15 AM in response to June Higgins

I've been tearing my hair out all morning trying to figure out this same problem. I have my email client set to Mail in iPhoto. Looking in account preferences in Mail I saw that they were different from the preset preferences in iPhoto account preferences. The differences were the ports and whether or not the SSL box was checked. I tried changing the iPhoto ports to the same ones that were in Mail. I tried different ports entirely. I tried checking and unchecking the SSL box.

Port in Mail was 993. SSL was checked.

Default port in iPhoto was 587, SSL unchecked.

What finally worked for me in iPhoto was leaving the port at the default - 587 - and checking the SSL box.

Go figure.

Dec 7, 2013 6:33 PM in response to moplu

iPhoto email - "Your email did not go through because the server did not reply. "

"(Port in Mail was 993. SSL was checked.

What finally worked for me in iPhoto was leaving the port at the default - 587 - and checking the SSL box.)"

WORKED!

I have had this problem ever since upgrading my OSX. I didn't delete accounts but rather compared mail to iphoto setting. I found they were the same. Nothing seemed to work untill I changed the port in iPhoto to 587 vrs. the default port 993. It works great. The SSL is also checked.

Thank you MD

theshredshedinc.

Dec 14, 2013 9:08 AM in response to theshredshedinc.

theshredshedinc. wrote:

iPhoto email - "Your email did not go through because the server did not reply. "

"(Port in Mail was 993. SSL was checked.

What finally worked for me in iPhoto was leaving the port at the default - 587 - and checking the SSL box.)"

WORKED!

I have had this problem ever since upgrading my OSX. I didn't delete accounts but rather compared mail to iphoto setting. I found they were the same. Nothing seemed to work untill I changed the port in iPhoto to 587 vrs. the default port 993. It works great. The SSL is also checked.

Thank you MD

theshredshedinc.

Great!

This worked for me as well. My original port was set to 2525 with SSL. I just changed it to port 587 and it works like a charm:-)

Thanks guys!!

Hardbread

I cannot send photos via iPhoto 11 by mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.