Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic progression of songs in an iTunes playlist

How do you set iTunes so that the songs in a Playlist will automatically be played one-after-another? I thought I had solved this problem when I found the two little buttons at either end of the progress bar at the top of the iTunes window when a song is being played, but apparently not. I can set the button so that the song keeps repeating, but when I use the other setting (two arows pointing in opposite directions) there is no effect. When a song finishes, that's it. To play another song, I have to click on it. I know that I used to be able to play nonstop all the songs in a playlist, but I can't now. What's wrong?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 1:43 PM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2013 2:12 PM in response to Imp68

Imp68 wrote:

Do you have checkmarks beside the songs?

---

I didn't, but when I put them in, my problem was solved. Thanks a million. Now I don't have to get up every few minutes to have music. That might be good for my legs but not my disposition.

XXXXXX

If you double click a song, do the following songs get added to Up Next? (cmd + opt + U)

--

I don't understand this, but since my iTunes has been fixed, I don't even care. Good thing you didn't ask your questions in the other order.

Jul 30, 2013 2:20 PM in response to Niku

Glad the check marks helped!

The Up Next thing is new to iTunes 11. It shows what songs are coming... up next. 🙂 It looks like 3 lines with bullets beside them, in the right side of the display at the top of itunes, where it shows the song playing. Command + Option + U is the shortcut for showing it (you can also see the option to show it under the View menu, or clicking its icon). In all honesty, it's something a lot of people will probably never use, though.

Automatic progression of songs in an iTunes playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.