Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using migration assistant I transferred my complete MacBookPro to my nex iMac. Now I find out that all jampacks are missing in GarageBand. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Using migration assistant I transferred my complete MacBookPro to my nex iMac. Now I find out that all jampacks are missing in GarageBand. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

GarageBand '09

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 1:22 PM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2013 1:36 PM in response to Crispa

Migrate them manually: The JamPacks are installed in two locations:

• The Instruments LIbrary: /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/
  • and the loops: /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

Open the "Library" folder on your Hard disk and copy all missing items from yor MAcBook Pro's "Library" folder /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/ and

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/ to your new iMAc. Then rebuild the Loop Index:

Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Regards

Léonie

Jul 30, 2013 3:01 PM in response to Crispa

I would think the migration assistant transfers 100% of all contents...

When you are setting up a new Mac you can use Setup assistant the moment you boot the mac the first time. Setup Assistant will usually transfer everything. If you miss tha t moment and later launch Migration Assistant some library files will not be transferred. Migration assistant will not transfer system files, only User Files and Application files. I think, that is why your files are missing.

so could you please tell how this copying is done?

Best take an external drive with plenty of free disk space and plug it into your MacBook Pro.

Open the System drive, your Macintosh HD in the Finder and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "GarageBand". Copy the folder

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/ to your external drive by dragging it there.

Then open again the folder "Library" on your Macintosh HD, and this time open the folder "Audio" inside. Copy the folder

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

to your externall drive. Eject the drive and plug it into your iMac.

Now compare the AppleLoops folders and instrument library folders and copy all missing items over to the corresponding folders in the iMac's Library.

Afterwards you need to reindex the loops, by dragging any loop you newly installed onto the Loop Browser in garageband, see: Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.