Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is an old reminder in notification center that I cannot clear.

There is an old reminder in notification center that I cannot clear. I have searched all calendars and reminders and the item is not there. Is there any way to delete this or reset Notification Center? I have tried to force quit the process and this does not clear the item. Anu ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 6:57 PM

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control -click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2013 6:57 PM in response to prudntl

If applicable, sign out of iCloud in the iCloud preference pane. Leave the preference pane open.

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control -click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Log out and log back in.

Sign back in to iCloud, if you signed out. Test. If there's no change, or if the notifications you expect to see are not shown, sign out of iCloud again and put the folder you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

There is an old reminder in notification center that I cannot clear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.