Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my do not disturb does not work. it never has. any tips on why? thanks

So my do not disturb has never worked. every time I enable it, calls still come through. I did already set it up with only favorites but all calls will come in. I'm pretty tech savy and I got other iPhones to work just not mine. I'm currently on an iPhone 5. if any of you have suggestions let me know. thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 6:23 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2013 8:07 AM in response to marcom0029

That should have worked. Have you tried to reset the phone? Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, test it again. Arre you turning it on from Settings, or do you have a schedule turned on in Notifications? For Allowed calls, is it from just your Favorites, or have you tried setting it to none?

Jul 31, 2013 10:28 AM in response to marcom0029

Well, I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention a factory reset versus a soft reset. There are only 4 user troubleshooting steps. Restart, which is powering the phone off/on. A reset which is holding the sleep/wake and home buttons as I described to you earlier, a restore from backup, which is conducted in iTunes, where you select restore from backup, and finally a restore as a new device, which is also done in iTunes by selecting the Restore button.

If you think that a factory reset is a restore, and you have conducted both a restore from backup and a restore as new, then yes, I suggest making an appointment at the Apple store and taking the device in to have it checked. They will ask you if you have done both restores, as there could be a corrupt file in the backup, so make sure you try a restore as new. This will delete all data from your device, so make sure you have everything backed up and synced.

my do not disturb does not work. it never has. any tips on why? thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.