Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

innapropriate websites showing up on my Website data on my Ipad!

I keep finding info on innapropriate websites showing up on my Website Data on Safari on my Ipad and Ipod. These are sites that I have not ever visited! some of the dating sites i remember popping up when playing Words with Friends but others I dont remember EVER seeing! how do the get there? my wife thinks I am visiting these sites and trying to find a date! very difficult situation but she is convinced I ama ctually going to these sites. Please explain for us!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 4:52 PM

8 replies

Aug 15, 2013 12:31 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks James, but how do you know this? are you a computer professional? Just want to know how much I can rely on this info. I really appreciate you answering my question though. It is causing **** with my wife because some guy from the Geek Squad at Best Buy told her the only way it can be on there is if I actually visited the sites! I know thats not the case.

Aug 15, 2013 12:44 PM in response to Hilespi

Hilespi wrote:

Thanks James, but how do you know this? are you a computer professional? Just want to know how much I can rely on this info. I really appreciate you answering my question though. It is causing **** with my wife because some guy from the Geek Squad at Best Buy told her the only way it can be on there is if I actually visited the sites! I know thats not the case.

I have been in the industry for over twenty years, doing everything from design to 2nd/3rd tier support, mostly on websites and web based enterprise applications. The kid at Best buy makes barely over minimum wage and follows a script to install windows and anti virus software, and is currently just grateful he doesn't have to wear the stupid ties anymore. What do you think?

I can't give anything to prove you didn't visit those site, just plausible deniability 😉. But yes, the data doesn't necessarily mean you actually visited them directly. Just consider what is does mean about the sites you have been on, however.

innapropriate websites showing up on my Website data on my Ipad!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.