Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MPKmini - Getting CC#3 (solo) and CC#9 (mute) to work

I read that the CC#3 and CC#9 control change codes are supported in GarageBand, but I'm looking for help as to why my MPKmini's pads aren't controlling the Mute and Solo for my selected tracks. In the MPKmini editor, I have the CC codes on the pads set up correctly and set to "Toggle", the pad MIDI channel is #1 and I'm definitely using the right pad bank and the CC button is lit up. I know the pads are sending inputs because I'm able to send a CC#7 (volume) with them for example. Is it just that these CC's in GB aren't compatible with the MPKmini? I can of course use the keyboard shortcuts, but for the sake of completeness I wanted to try to get all of the GB-supported CC's working on my new device. I'm using GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5)

Here's what I saw from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2687667?start=0&tstart=0:

---

Here is a list of the only midi controls recognized by Garage Band. The items with a "*" can only be controlled with a button (or one of your MPK's pads if send to CC mode) and the items without can only be controlled with a knob/fader/encoder ect. Also remember these will only control the track that is currently selected.

CC#3 - Track Solo *

CC#7 - Track Volume

CC#9 - Track Mute *

CC#10 - Track Pan

CC#28 - Echo Send Level

CC#29 - Reverb Send Level

CC#59 - Effect 1 on/off *

CC#60 - Effect 2 on/off *

CC#61 - Effect 3 on/off *

CC#62 - Effect 4 on/off *

CC#63 - Effect 5 on/off *

---

Thanks!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 9:29 PM

There are no replies.

MPKmini - Getting CC#3 (solo) and CC#9 (mute) to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.