6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2014 7:13 AM by Frank Caggiano
jacobsuperman Level 1 Level 1

When I run this AppleScript http://crystal-objects.com/blogs/frank/aperture_import_action_scripts091511 with OS X Version 10.8.4 and Aperture 3.4.5 the AppleScript Editor GUI hangs displaying multi-coloured spinning disc but the script itself seems to be working with Aperture open I can see the files moving into the new folder structure. The "problem" I am trying to solve with the AppleScript is described here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3321103?start=0&tstart=0 but I have come to this forum for help diagnosing this hanging issue in the script. Any ideas?

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • adayzdone Level 2 Level 2

Here is a similar script I wrote a while ago... Rename and File Aperture Projects by Date

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7

You seem to be describing two different problems between this post and the one in the Aperture comunity.

As I wrote there try repairing the library and see if that makes a difference. BTW How big is the library? How many originals?

• jacobsuperman Level 1 Level 1

Sorry for the delay in reply (organising my aperture library is a luxury I can only afford in my holidays). I tried repairing the library. it is still not working. 38,987 originals. Aperture 3.5.1. I will post here when/if I solve

• Neville Hillyer Level 4 Level 4

I don't know what your problem is but the script may be more robust if some sections had timeouts.

Also the script could be simplified by using the following to create folders if they don't exist for populating with timed files:

do shell script "d=~/Desktop/pic/; mkdir -p $d; f=$d`date +%y%m%d%H%M%S`.png"

I'm using that script on a daily basis in Mavericks with 3.5.1 and never have any problems with it.

I'm going to have to go back and reread the posts as it has been a while and I really don;t remember the problems you are encountering.

As a temporary suggestion what happens if you make a new library and try the scrip on it with a few imports?

regards

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano - Is it still the RunProjectTime.scpt  giving the problem or is it ImportProjectTime.scpt  ?

Neville

Also the script could be simplified by using the following to create folders if they don't exist for populating with timed files:

do shell script "d=~/Desktop/pic/; mkdir -p $d; f=$d`date +%y%m%d%H%M%S`.png"

the script is creating folders inside of an Aperture library. Thise are not Finder folders and your suggestion will not work.

regards