Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Larger font on MBA13, if change OS to Windows, will DPI scaling work?

I struggle to read small font on MBA13, if I change OS to Windows, will the DPI scaling that allows a bigger & more readable text work? Have tried cmd+ & TinkerTool but only affects some areas.

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 2:52 AM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2013 3:07 AM in response to stevieh123

OS-X 10.8.4 i.8 GHz i5 4GB.

Have also tried zooming, double tapping, increased screen display - this was successful in that it increased size of all text across apps and system. However font was slighltly fuzzy. I had a bout of labyynthitis, which may or may not be related. Now have glasses for first time in my life. Looking for a way to increase overall font size across all apps and system. Does DPI scaling in Windows work on the mac?

Jul 31, 2013 6:30 AM in response to stevieh123

Does DPI scaling in Windows work on the mac?

DPI scaling is a function of the OS, not the hardware. So whatever you do in Windows cannot in any way affect how OS X behaves, or visa versa.

The Mac OS to date still does not support resolution independence, which allows you to control the DPI of the OS. Your only choice is to choose a lower monitor resolution in the System Preferences, which will increase the size of everything.

Larger font on MBA13, if change OS to Windows, will DPI scaling work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.