Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Maps App does not work on iPad

I use an iPad2 with iOS 6.1.3 and the latest version of the App "Google Maps"

when I try to search an address in Google Maps (my actual location in Munich/Germany is shown in Google Maps) for example the city of Deadwood in SD, USA I have to wait some time then a popup window appears: "Dieses Formular ist nicht sicher. Möchten Sie es wirklich senden?" I have the choice between abbrechen (cancel) or senden (send) whatever I choose, the window disappears and the address is not shown on the map. The error is the same for all addresses I enter. So the Google Maps App is not working at all.

What can I do? I prefer Google Maps from all other mapping tools.

Is this a problem with Safari? Google Maps works fine on my Windows PC and in Internet Explorer.

Thanks

Eva-Maria

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, Google Maps App

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 3:30 AM

It sounds like you're trying to run Google Maps within Safari on the iPad - is this correct? (You do mention Safari.)

Delete any versions of Google Maps you have on your iPad - it's possible that the icon is actually a shortcut to loading the site in Safari, which is not what you want to do. Go back to the App Store, and re-download Google Maps for iPad. It will load its icon on the very last screen of your iPad. Try again from there.

Matt

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2013 3:30 AM in response to evamaria1

It sounds like you're trying to run Google Maps within Safari on the iPad - is this correct? (You do mention Safari.)

Delete any versions of Google Maps you have on your iPad - it's possible that the icon is actually a shortcut to loading the site in Safari, which is not what you want to do. Go back to the App Store, and re-download Google Maps for iPad. It will load its icon on the very last screen of your iPad. Try again from there.

Matt

Jul 31, 2013 3:53 AM in response to evamaria1

Dear Matt,

that was the solution! I do not remember when I Installed the Icon on the iPad but as You mentioned Safari was starting when I clicked on it. Now I deleted the icon, downloaded the App from iTunes Store and now it is working perfectly!

I am happy 🙂

thank You very much for Your advice

with best regards from Munich

Eva-Maria

Google Maps App does not work on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.