Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find the Mac Hard Drive Icon in Finder?

Why don't I see an Icon for my Mac HD in Finder? Also, should there be a file "Printer Setup Utility" in the Utility file?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 12:33 PM

To show Macintosh HD in the Finder sidebar, open a Finder window, go to Finder menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > Sidebar, and tick "Hard disks". It will show in the Finder sidebar, under "Devices".

If you want to show it in Desktop, open Finder menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > General, and tick "Hard disks".

Respecting to Printer Setup Utility, it doesn't come by default in OS X Mountain Lion. After adding a printer, it's possible that some printer utilities get added, and one of them may be Printer Setup Utility

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2013 12:33 PM in response to jakesnana

To show Macintosh HD in the Finder sidebar, open a Finder window, go to Finder menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > Sidebar, and tick "Hard disks". It will show in the Finder sidebar, under "Devices".

If you want to show it in Desktop, open Finder menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > General, and tick "Hard disks".

Respecting to Printer Setup Utility, it doesn't come by default in OS X Mountain Lion. After adding a printer, it's possible that some printer utilities get added, and one of them may be Printer Setup Utility

How can I find the Mac Hard Drive Icon in Finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.