Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has any iPod Touch 4th generation users had trouble with AV to HDMI connectivity and accessory firmware downloads?

Has any iPod Touch 4th generation users had trouble with AV to HDMI connectivity and accessory firmware downloads?

iPod shuffle, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 1:18 PM

11 replies

Jul 31, 2013 2:04 PM in response to ljjazzy58

What I mean is that recently, when I connect my iPod touch to my HDTV with the AV and HDMI cable connector to mirror image video to my televison I get a window on the iPod that says: Acessory - Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes.

Only there doesn't seem to be anything happening. Ive gone to settings, then update software and I appear to be up to date, running on iOS 6.1.3 for the iPod Touch. I purchased the devise new from the Apple Store just 6 months ago. Should I try restoring the devise to the factory settings? Thank you for your assisatnce.

Jul 31, 2013 4:28 PM in response to lllaass

Yes it displays video TV out when I use the Apple video app. I have the latest iPod Touch, bought only 6 months ago. At least it did a few days ago. Now when I connect it to my tv I get this window - Acessory - Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes. And there's nothing wrong with my AV connector or HDMI cable. They work just fine with my iPhone 5. Should I reset my device to it's factory settings and see if that will remedy my problem?

Jul 31, 2013 4:47 PM in response to lllaass

All the apps work. Eveything is operatible on my iPod. I'm just unable to view video, nor even the screen saver when connected to the AV HDMI cables. I get this window on the iPod - Acessory - Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes. And my software, including firmware apppears to be current. I appreciate your help. But I don't think I'm making it clear as to my particular problem. I don't know how else to explain it. Thanks anyway...

Aug 1, 2013 12:19 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for your assistance. But I went ahead and reset my iPod back to the factory settings and that seems to have resolved the problem. There was never any issues with internet nor anything else to do with any of the other applications on my device. I'm back in business! BTW, I also backed up and saved all my data before resetting. 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.