Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where to reinstall motion 5 again

I want to reinstall motion 5 again but when i purchased it I downloaded the app. Now when I try to contact apple to reinstall, it sends me to itunes, which then tells me I already have it installed... and nowhere to REinstall. How can i reinstall this app? (I am having serious problems with saving/sharing in motion 5) Thanks.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 5:28 PM

If you want to back up the current copy, right click on the Motion application icon and select Compress "Motion" from the popup menu. That will ZIP the file/application.

Trash Motion... literally: Move to Trash.

Go to the App Store and select the Purchases icon at the top of the window. Find your Motion purchase and select the Install button (it should be active if Motion is not in the Applications folder.) Motion will be reinstalled in your Applications folder.

I recommend, however, if you're reinstalling the application, that you first also trash the preferences. Use Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/ if you don't already have it) to delete all the necessary accessory files Motion keeps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2013 5:28 PM in response to dhahlbohm

If you want to back up the current copy, right click on the Motion application icon and select Compress "Motion" from the popup menu. That will ZIP the file/application.

Trash Motion... literally: Move to Trash.

Go to the App Store and select the Purchases icon at the top of the window. Find your Motion purchase and select the Install button (it should be active if Motion is not in the Applications folder.) Motion will be reinstalled in your Applications folder.

I recommend, however, if you're reinstalling the application, that you first also trash the preferences. Use Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/ if you don't already have it) to delete all the necessary accessory files Motion keeps.

where to reinstall motion 5 again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.