Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2012 13" Screen/Hinge pops when closing

Title basically describes what my problem has been. Sometime when I close the laptop, a loud popping noise is heard coming from either the screen or the hinge (I believe it is the hinge). Other times it is just a faint creaking noise. I understand that this is a common problem among Macbooks that is caused by a small group of wires popping back into place, but I was just wondering if I needed to have it seem about and if it can cause future problems. I am still under warranty, so would this be a free fix? I have never dropped the laptop and haven't altered it in any way, so I assume it is a manufacturing problem.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 9:23 PM

See the "More Like This" to the right ----> apparently you're not the only person noticing this problem.

I've never had that problem with my machine... if you're still under warranty, I would take the machine into your local Apple Store or an AASP and have the 'fix' the hinge/screen as it shouldn't be 'popping'.

Good luck,

Clinton

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2013 9:23 PM in response to Sniper9108

See the "More Like This" to the right ----> apparently you're not the only person noticing this problem.

I've never had that problem with my machine... if you're still under warranty, I would take the machine into your local Apple Store or an AASP and have the 'fix' the hinge/screen as it shouldn't be 'popping'.

Good luck,

Clinton

Macbook Pro 2012 13" Screen/Hinge pops when closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.