Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro and adding third-party audio content — Is this possible?

Hello,

I'm really new to Logic Studio so please forgive my ignorance if this has already been answered.

Is it possible to add additional audio file libraries to the existing ones for use within the software? (From Memory I have done it in the past with GarageBand, but I don't know regarding Logic) or is this not recommended or possible?

Is there a required format for files if this is possible? - From memory I have a mix of .mp3 and .wav files.

Thanks for all advice.

Regards,

Peter.

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 10:47 PM

There shouldn't be any problems, certainly not in comparison to GarageBand. But to receive an exact answer you have to be a bit more specific in what you"re after. 😎

Cheers!

4 replies

Aug 1, 2013 5:56 PM in response to kcstudio

I've got old guitar samples, drum loops and I may also still have vocal samples.

I just want to import all these third-party samples into my library so I can access them from within Logic Pro, as opposed to dragging and dropping the files from the finder as I need them. — It would be helpful if I could assign the files into categories (drum samples from the drums tab if that makes sense?)

I'm not entirely sure, but I think this may be possible with Apple Loops Utilitity, as from memory I can tag files with information such as key and tempo as well; I would guess that there is a batch processing feature too, which would be useful for processing large groups of files.

I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment, but I will look further into it when I get home.

Thanks for the advice, will see how I go and check back later.

Aug 2, 2013 10:22 PM in response to kcstudio

I just finished adding a small batch of loops into my Logic Pro/GarageBand library, it looks like ALU does have a batch processing feature, and is very quick; after conversion it was simply a case of dragging the folder containing the loops onto the Logic Pro loop browser and the diles were added and moved to the appropriate directory.

Thanks for your help with this. 😎

Regards,

Peter.

Logic Pro and adding third-party audio content — Is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.