Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No modem firmware - searching for signal

Hi, i have an iphone 5 , bought it not so long ago about a month or two but yesterday i had a problem with it, i went to sleep and woke up and found its stuck on "searching" mode even though my SIM card works on my iphone 4, ive tried rebooting , taking sim card out and in and everythig that possibly would come to your mind , my phone is ios 6.1.4 , it was never jailbroken or modified or caught any damage , a lot said its a hardware problem but i dont know what should i do

I hope Get some helpful solutions ,thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2017 10:10 PM

I also have the same kind of problem about 4 days ago. I kept my phone is flight mode to avoid battery drain. The modem firmware is not available and the phone stuck on searching mode. What surprise me later was, 4 days later my phone turns back normal

7 replies

Apr 30, 2016 12:04 PM in response to Sallu19

Same issue with my iphone 5c. Took to Apple Store.

In less than 1 minutes she told me firmware not showing hardware problem.

Wish the support person who have asked the same question would have saved me a long trip.

A Perfect working phone everything works but cannot connect to network anymore Suddenly.

Solution, Apple offered to buy another iphone5c of same model.

this is my second iPhone blowing. Seems I need to breakout of Apple.

Proving expensive.

May 3, 2016 8:53 AM in response to Kalps01

Guess what ... we loop back as per other colleagues.

the iPhone 5C come back from dead and works ... I am sure this is as explained by previous feedback.

It shall be shortlived .... but lets see.

Apple really needs to take this and look at the problem at hand instead of standard response - Faulty H/W.

Nor the Operator takes a call or the phone vendor !! Who do you call ??

No modem firmware - searching for signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.