Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting an error message that reads "to update application sign into the account you used to purchase it" I am trying to download Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 I am signed in with the account that I purchased Final cut Pro X I don't have another acco

I keep getting an error message that reads "to update application sign into the account you used to purchase it"

I am trying to download Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9

I am signed in with the account that I purchased Final cut Pro X

I don't have another account I'm not sure what's going on

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 10:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 31, 2013 10:02 PM in response to fullframevideo

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Open the Mac App Store and go to Purchases. Do you see Final Cut Pro X listed?

If so, open a Finder window, choose Applications in the sidebar and delete Final Cut Pro X. Then, go to the Mac App Store and download Final Cut Pro X for free.

If you don't see it in Purchases, see if it's hidden, and if so, unhide it > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928 If it doesn't work, contact with the Mac App Store support > http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/contact

Aug 5, 2013 9:13 AM in response to mende1

I'm getting the same error update message. But here is what's weird the same account on my new Retina MBP will update Final cut 10.0.9, But the App Store will not do so on my Mac Pro! Both are running OS 10.8.4. and using the same user account. I do all my editing on the Mac Pro so what do you say Apple ??? I need this update now because of the export retime problem...

I keep getting an error message that reads "to update application sign into the account you used to purchase it" I am trying to download Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 I am signed in with the account that I purchased Final cut Pro X I don't have another acco

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.