Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 screen is flickering randomly, the phone freezes and the screen turns black.

I bought an iPhone 5 in New York last December. Now I live in Bogotá, Colombia and I can't find an authorized service center because they said that only if I bought it from a local carrier they attend the warranty.

My iPhone 5 screen is flickering randomly, the phone freezes and the screen turns black… The only way to make it work is to reboot with Home and Lock buttons pressed at the same time. But in the process most of the times it flickers again, and again, and again. I couldn't find a reason to identify what could be causing the issue. Also sometimes when it freezes, some group applications get ungrouped, causing a big mess.

I already tried to restore the phone, remove the SIM, delete all applications with no luck.

Any sugestion? Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 11:36 PM

Was this phone ever jalbroken?

If restoring as new, without using a backup, didn't help, there is certainly a hardware problem that only replacement can fix. Your warranty is void unless you return to the USA. Short of that, finding a local independent iPhone repair center would be your only option

2 replies

iPhone 5 screen is flickering randomly, the phone freezes and the screen turns black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.