Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes won't transfer music from my itunes library to my ipod

when i try converting music from my itunes library to my ipod it doesnt. all of my sotfware is updated and i have the latest version of itunes. please help.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 7:31 PM

This problem happened to me before.

Fortunately, with some help from others, I could transfer my music from iTunes to my iPod. Here's how:

First make sure your iPod it connected to iTunes.

On the top right corner you will see a button labeled ipod.

Click on it, and go to summary.

Scroll to the bottom, and you will see an area labeled Options.

Check the box for "Manually manage music and videos"

On the bottom right hand corner, click "Apply".

Now you can transfer your music to your iPod with no problem!

Hope that helps! 🙂

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2013 7:31 PM in response to lisapugh

This problem happened to me before.

Fortunately, with some help from others, I could transfer my music from iTunes to my iPod. Here's how:

First make sure your iPod it connected to iTunes.

On the top right corner you will see a button labeled ipod.

Click on it, and go to summary.

Scroll to the bottom, and you will see an area labeled Options.

Check the box for "Manually manage music and videos"

On the bottom right hand corner, click "Apply".

Now you can transfer your music to your iPod with no problem!

Hope that helps! 🙂

Jun 29, 2017 10:23 AM in response to MizTriker

Try the following all-purpose steps for dealing with erratic device or sync behaviour. They assume that all of the content you want on the device is in your library ready for restoring. If it isn't see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device first. I would also recommend you copy everything out of the camera roll if you haven't already.

1. Backup device.
  2. Restore as a new device.
  3. Restore the backup you made earlier.

Use an encrypted backup (*) if you want to preserve passwords, Wi-Fi settings, web history and health data where appropriate. I also suggest syncing with a selection of playlists (unless you're using iCloud Music Library) rather than manually adding content as, if nothing else, the process above is easier to do if you ever have to go through it again.

(*) The downside with backup encryption is that if you forget the password when you need it again, which could be years later, you may need to invoke a workaround to turn off encryption as shown in Re: disable encrypted backups, which can only help if your device is in a state that can backup to iCloud.

tt2

Aug 25, 2013 8:58 AM in response to lisapugh

Hi,

I had a similar problem, all you can do at present to rectify this is to grab your playlist or new created playlist or song from the main library or playlist and drop it into the ipod tab under devices and it will auto sync the changes or songs. Hope this helps.

There seems to be a problem with the syncing of itunes 11 (mine is 11.0.5) when you just use the normal sync method. the above should work and has worked for me when transfering a playlist straight into the ipod it automatically syncs.

Regards.

Nick

Apr 28, 2014 10:36 AM in response to lisapugh

Well, I have a problem. (I have no idea how to add descutions here) But I've been trying to add music to my ipod touch but it just won't and its not Manually Manage music and videos, but it comes up with this message '(music here) was not copied to (my names ipod touch because it cannot be played with this ipod' It does not do that to just one music, but all of them! What the **** is going on?

itunes won't transfer music from my itunes library to my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.