Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone reboot with a unknown passcode and broken powerbutton..

i am currently,what seems to me,undergoing a massive problem. Basically what it is,is i have a iphone 3g. I haven't been using this phone for a while,but i have seem to have gone back to it,although..i have now forgot the passcode.Usually i would know how to reboot the iphone back to shop settings by pressing the home button&power button for 10 seconds blabla..and so on,through itunes!My power button doesnt work though?so i won't be able to use this solution..also,my phone hasn't just disabled for a certain ammount of time it has a message saying 'iphone is disabled connect to itunes' i cant do anything without this passcode,which is totally unknown..any ideas?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 3G, unable to reboot,broken powerbutton

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 4:43 AM

7 replies

Aug 1, 2014 4:05 PM in response to lauren100501

1- if you are not able to access your device :

first the key idea here is that we need your iphone to shut down.

a- if you have the assistive touch enabled :just long "touch" the power button in the assistive touch menu+ long press home button until your iphone shuts down.

a1- if you haven't enabled the assistive then you will have to wait for the battery to drain then your iPhone will shut down.

b- after your iPhone is shut down, what I want you to do is to plug your iphone to the power source and while it is booting up hold the home button for a few seconds and it will enter recovery mode without the need for the power button

iphone reboot with a unknown passcode and broken powerbutton..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.