Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install Fonts into Adobe Illustrator

I am using a computer that runs on Snow Leopard 10.6.8

• Hi there I want to know how to install new Fonts / Typefaces into Adobe Illustrator CS3?
  • I am also curious as to how I would install fonts on other Adobe CS applications?

All help, links, and resources much appreciated. 🙂

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 6:13 AM

6 replies

Aug 1, 2013 7:12 AM in response to darkhorse85

There's two ways with Font Book.

1) Create a new Font Set. Add your fonts. Done this way, the fonts you add are copied to the Fonts folder in your user account, and those are the fonts which are then activated. The originals can be removed if you want, though they should be kept as a backup.

2) Create a new Library Set. Add your fonts. With this method, the fonts are activated from where they currently are located, and not copied anywhere. Known as activating "in place".

Aug 1, 2013 7:21 AM in response to darkhorse85

I just dragged and dropped the downloaded ".tff" font files into in Font Book icon in theDock and a new window popped up and just click "Install Font" button.

That works, too. Sets are, more than anything else, just a way to organize your fonts by project. By dropping the font in, it should now be listed in one of the standard headings like "Computer".

The new fonts have automatically loaded into Adobe Illustrator CS3 without having to close it.

Better apps will see when fonts have been enabled or disabled without having to close and restart them. Microsoft Word (and likely the entire Office suite) does not.

How to install Fonts into Adobe Illustrator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.