Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier cannot unlock iphone 4

My carrier T-Mobile UK cannot unlock my iphone 4. They have sent the request to apple who have replied that it cannot be done, but with no further details. The handset is my own and I have reached the end of my contract with the carrier and wish to switch. The only advice T-mobile can give me is to contact Apple, but from the Apple website they direct me to my carrier for unlocking. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 3:52 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2013 6:26 AM in response to badpadd

badpadd wrote:

My carrier T-Mobile UK cannot unlock my iphone 4. They have sent the request to apple who have replied that it cannot be done, but with no further details.

That's a steaming pile of manure.

Carriers dictate when a device can and cannot be unlocked. They send the request to Apple and Apple complies.

Contact the carrier, ask to speak to a manager or someone intelligent and demand an honest answer and resolution to your issue.

Carrier cannot unlock iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.