Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

its there a new incompatibility between iphoto and aperture

Hi,

I run Aperture 3.4.5 and iPhoto 9.4.3

On of my libraries is to manage iCloud. I just download the photostreams by month.

I did not do that for a while and now I have a problem:

Aperture is not creating this "by month" folders. I somewhat rmemmber that iPhoto does.

But when I want to open the library in iPhoto, I get the message that the library need to be opened in Aperture 3.3 or higher for migration.

Any ideas?

Thx, Dietmar

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 6:05 AM

5 replies

Aug 1, 2013 6:42 AM in response to Elfpunkt

Dietmar,

What are your settings in Aperture?

In Aperture's Preferences Photo Stream panel the Photo Stream needs to be enabled, and also "Automatic Import".

User uploaded file

Have you set it this way?

With this options set, Apertrue will create the monthly projects on the go, for the new uploads to the photo stream, that are still in iCLoud, but not for the older uploads.

And remember, that only one of your photo libraries can be tied to the photo stream on each computer. So, if you enable this for your current Aperture library, it will be disabled for the iPhoto library; or are you using the same library with iPhoto and Aperture?

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

iCloud: Photo Stream Troubleshooting

Regards

Léonie

Aug 1, 2013 7:07 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie, yes, I have that set.

I made another mistake:

I have created a subfolder in which I copy the monthy streams. The new ones have not been in there. I just saw them and moved them into the folder.

Sorry.

User uploaded file

However, I still can't open it in iPhoto, but as Aperture imports finde, I don't care.

My wife is using iPhoto so for her it will be a bigger issue if this would happen to their libs as well.

will ask her to check tonight

Thx again and best regards,Dietmar

Aug 2, 2013 12:25 AM in response to Elfpunkt

Have you tried all Aperture library First Aid options? Repairing or Rebuilding the Library? See: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

The problem might be, that your Aperture Library contains an inconsistent DateModelVersion.plist file. In that case only manual surgery on the Aperture package will help, or creating a new Aperture library and importing the old library into the new library.

See: joeholmes post: Re: Help! Can't Open Aperture Library (Requires iPhoto 9.4?)

or the manual fix by jashman: Re: Help! Can't Open Aperture Library (Requires iPhoto 9.4?)

its there a new incompatibility between iphoto and aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.