Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acorn TV - British television for the US - Why no App on AppleTV?

I asked Acorn Tv if Apple TV would have an app for them, so I wouldn't have to Airplay thru my phone or Ipad in order to watch their channel. They said that Apple would not allow them to create an app. Here is the response to my email to them:

Case Description: When will Acorn TV become a channel on Apple TV without having to use an Ipad or iPhone to stream it to your TV.

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in Acorn TV. Unfortunately, Apple TV won't let us build an app for them. If you let them know that you would like an app then perhaps they'll change their mind.

I would like to know the reason Apple won't let them build an app for this station. They have some very high quality shows and I would REALLY enjoy seeing them. It would improve the current selection you have of apps tremendously.

For anyone interested in the content of Acorn TV, heres's their webpage. http://acornonline.com/acorntv.aspx?tab=cs

iMac (17-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.7), 3 GB Memory

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 8:49 AM

Personally, I'd have some skepticism about the truthfulness of such a statement. However:

This is a user to user community, Apple are unlikely to read your comments, if you have any suggestions that you think might enhance the Apple TV you can send Apple your feedback here

4 replies

Oct 30, 2013 2:07 PM in response to Winston Churchill

To clarify the truthfulness of the statement, since I'm the one who made it, I can quote what Apple told me when I asked if Acorn TV could build an app for Apple TV. The representative said, "Unfortunately, not at this time. We haven't opened up Apple TV beyond a handful of players." So, until then, we'll work on apps for Samsung, Sony, iPad, and others. Thanks for being interested!

Acorn TV - British television for the US - Why no App on AppleTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.