Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autosaves - where does Logic Pro X put them?

Hi

Just had a massive hang, and wondered if I could check if Logic Pro X has Autosaved since I last saved manually.

Does anyone know where Logic Pro X puts its Autosave files, or how I can check when it last Autosaved?

Thanks

Jules

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 8:12 AM

Hi

Regardless of wether you originally saves as a project Package, or as a Project Folder, the files are within packages inside, in an Alternaitives folder.

User uploaded file

The overall backup files seem to be simply metadata rather than Logic Project Files, so you'd need to get to them via the File:Revert to menu

User uploaded file

CCT

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2013 8:12 AM in response to Trailermen

Hi

Regardless of wether you originally saves as a project Package, or as a Project Folder, the files are within packages inside, in an Alternaitives folder.

User uploaded file

The overall backup files seem to be simply metadata rather than Logic Project Files, so you'd need to get to them via the File:Revert to menu

User uploaded file

CCT

Aug 1, 2013 8:31 AM in response to Trailermen

Just to follow-up, I can't find where Logic puts its Autosaves (woudl still be usefull to know), but after a force-quit and reboot, my next load prompted me to load the last Autosaved version, and sure enough it was saved at around the same time Logic hung, which on this ocassion saved me around 3 hours work.

Big thumbs up for the new Autosave feature!

Aug 1, 2013 8:36 AM in response to Trailermen

Sorry - posts crossed.

So you're saying that if I manually save a project at 1PM, and Logic crashes at 2PM then Logic's Autosave will be saved within the package of my 1PM save?

I just had a look in the package contents for my last manual save, and although there's a folder labelled 'Autosave' there's nothing inside it. I presume this means that Logic is storing Autosaves somewhere else, or i've not understood correctly.

Oct 15, 2013 4:30 PM in response to Trailermen

I've had a situation now a couple of times where Logic seems to loose a few hours of autosaves for no reason. Is anyone else getting this?

It just happened now- I openned a project at 10.24pm, saved it as a new version worked on it until midnight, saved and closed it, then openned the previous version to check something, then tried to reopen the new version which I had just saved.

The new version had vanished and it was as if I had just openned it at 10.24 again... extremely frustrating. No autosaves seem to exist post 10.24 either... what the **** is happening? Has anyone else experienced the same thing? If so, will apple re-imburse us for our time?I want to go to bed!!!

Autosaves - where does Logic Pro X put them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.