Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is "Annoying imap.gmail.com is not responding" still a nuisance?

Every time i change my gmail password i either have to delete my gmail account on the iPhone or wait a really long time for the phone to accept the new changes.

Why isn't there a test connection option in the setup that could remedy all those stupendously annoying setup woes that you have to go through.

Checking and double checking that you passwords is correctly entered, while the problem is else ware. Most likely related to bad application design.
Often you just capitulate and delete the account, recreate it and sync all your data again.

Will this obvious problem get solved in the near future?

iPhone, IOS

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 10:41 AM

I timed deleting then adding an account back, and it takes less time to do that entire operation than it would to type out your post.

6 replies

Aug 1, 2013 11:07 AM in response to Ulrik N

But you know about this work around already.
And how long time did it take you to sync the account data?
I accept you "solution" as the most acceptable workaround. Waiting is also one though.
Hope this will stop others from pulling out hair.
However i would like to see a more elegant solution to the problem than this.

Aug 8, 2013 2:36 AM in response to pdroth

I have been experiencing this problem for two weeks now and have tried all of the suggested solutions - nothing works. I am unable to retrieve my gmail via the iPhone app. I have reset the mail account, reset the phone, re-entered info - still "imap not responding". It smacks of google trying to force iPhone users into downloading its own mail app. If this is the case, it is extremely bad form and it would seem that Apple would negotiate something to assist its customers who have paid for iPhones.

Why is "Annoying imap.gmail.com is not responding" still a nuisance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.