Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I work in English and Spanish or Frech English?

Hello,

I work at the same tieme in two laguagues I mean in a pages document I work in English but in other one I am working in French. I can't be changing from English to spanish etc, that's really complicated because I have to be restarting the computer each time I am doing that

Other reason is that I am working in French and at the same time when I am online on Skype or messeges with friend is very constantly that the computer chage the words in the language is selected

I have tried this:

System preferences > Languague and text> Text> Spelling

But It's does not resolved my problem anyway..

Please let me know if you know any software that I can use or any other solution

Thank you very much

Best, Davlem.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Davlem wrote:

I work at the same tieme in two laguagues I mean in a pages document I work in English but in other one I am working in French. I can't be changing from English to spanish etc, that's really complicated because I have to be restarting the computer each time I am doing that

In Pages you just go to Inspector > Text > More > Language and switch it there. No need to restart anything.

For other apps, you can try Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar and change the dictionary there.

I don't think there is yet any reliable way to change spellcheck automatically when you change language.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2013 1:52 PM in response to Davlem

Davlem wrote:

In Pages you just go to Inspector > Text > More > Language and switch it there. No need to restart anything.

For other apps, you can try Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar and change the dictionary there.

I don't think there is yet any reliable way to change spellcheck automatically when you change language.

How can I work in English and Spanish or Frech English?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.