Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older 1TB Time Capsule set to 50% radio power, then I upgraded firmware

I have a 1TB Time Capsule version (A1355), not the latest TC with 802.11ac, that I've run for about two years. I reduced the output power to 50% intially with OSX 10.6 and I assume Airport utility v5.6. I upgraded to 10.7 and 10.8, and the subsequent Airport Utilities, v7 or whatever. Noticed the ability to select output power disappeared awhile ago, but never really cared.

Recently, I have been having connection issues, and have noticed a lot of neighboring wi-fi signals blasting at huge RSSI values. There are five or six networks around me with RSSI -90, while my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks hover between -50 and -70.

Is it possible my TC is stuck at 50% power still? That the firmware updates didn't default it back to 100%? If I do a factory reset, I assume that will restore it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 3:18 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2013 4:10 PM in response to mdanser

It should set it back to factory settings. Something else you can try is to hold down the option key while hovering the cursor over the various networks (menu bar WiFI). It eventually should tell you what channel that particular WiFi is set up to operate on. Then change your channel to get as far away from them as possible using Airport Utility/Wireless.

Older 1TB Time Capsule set to 50% radio power, then I upgraded firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.