Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot write in the Outgoing mail Server box and my ICloud mail account does not work on my mac, but it does on my iPad please help

I cannot write in the Incoming Mail Server Box in the Accounts section and my icloud account does not work on my mac but it does on my ipad please help

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 3:55 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2013 4:03 PM in response to iovispater

You don't input the information in manually for iCloud mail. It is automatically set up for you when you sign into iCloud via System Preferences and choose the Mail checkbox. Sign out of iCloud or deselect Mail in iCloud preferences. Open Mail's preferences and choose accounts tab. If iCloud account still exists in the list, delete it. Sign back into iCloud or check the box for mail. The account will be auto created for you.

I cannot write in the Outgoing mail Server box and my ICloud mail account does not work on my mac, but it does on my iPad please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.