Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One iPhone; Multiple Apple IDs

I have the following - Windows 8; Itunes is loaded with my personal Apple ID; received an Iphone 5 with company Apple ID and permission to load personal apps, etc. on the company phone. How do I load multiple apple id's onto the one phone? I tried syncing them both but the company phone doesn't pick up my personal contacts...any advice?

Asus Laptop-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 4:04 PM

The apple ID logged into settings-store is the apple ID that is going to "authorize" apps to be installed. I am not sure but I dont believe you can add apps to a single device from two apple IDs.

See: Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

You can add your apple ID to settings-mail calendar and contacts, and from there elect to sync your contacts from your apple ID.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2013 4:04 PM in response to Navymanswife

The apple ID logged into settings-store is the apple ID that is going to "authorize" apps to be installed. I am not sure but I dont believe you can add apps to a single device from two apple IDs.

See: Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

You can add your apple ID to settings-mail calendar and contacts, and from there elect to sync your contacts from your apple ID.

Aug 1, 2013 5:01 PM in response to Navymanswife

In fact you can load apps from more than one Apple ID onto an iOS device. From Settings > iTunes & App Store sign out of the current account, then sign in with another. I suspect the limit of protected content from up to five different accounts still applies. Managing updates from multiple accounts is a drag as you have to sign in and out of each account in turn. Another complication is that iTunes normally wants to use a single library to manage the device, so if it has been set up at work you may have fun & games getting other content onto it while keeping what is already there. I suspect you'll have to purchase or download apps directly to the device rather than syncing it with your library, but then I'm not practiced in the way apps are distributed in a corporate environment.

You should also be able to set up multiple mail, contacts & calendar accounts.

tt2

One iPhone; Multiple Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.